by Tina Bicat - £14.99 The Crowood Press Ltd (2007)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781861269607 | ISBN 10: 1861269609
Puppets and Performing Objects reveals a world where a suitcase can comment on politics and a marionette can play Faust. It is a practical exploration of the use of puppets and objects, and how they are used with light, shadows and sound in performance today.
* Why directors, writers and producers use puppets and objects
* Styles of performance
* The difference between props and performing objects
* The work of makers and animators, and how actors learn to animate
* Puppets and objects and community work
* What puppets and objects can do that humans can't.
(Price & availability last checked: August 2018)