by Chris Neanon - £11.99 LDA (2002)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781855033566 | ISBN 10: 1855033569
This book is a practical and accessible guide designed for anybody working alongside dyslexic children in schools. It provides a wealth of helpful information and teaching tips to ensure every child is successfully included in the mainstream classroom.
This book will:
• give you an understanding of the current thinking on dyslexia
• offer ways to identify dyslexic students
• provide ideas for classroom management and teaching strategies
• help you build partnerships with parents to support their children
• outline an effective whole-school approach to dyslexia.
Contains photocopiable resources and ideas and materials for in-service training.
Paperback. Contains 64 A4 pages.
Chris Neanon is a lecturer at the University of Portsmouth with a background in Special Educational Needs and dyslexia in particular. She has worked as a teacher and a SENCo and was Advisor for Portsmouth Education. She was a consultant to the BBC on the CBeebies Dyslexia Project 2013. (ISBN: 978-1-85503-356-6)
Contents include: Introduction. Common questions about dyslexia. Why identification of dyslexia is necessary. Support in the classroom. Working with the teaching assistant. Working in partnership with parents. The whole-school approach. Resources.
(Price & availability last checked: July 2018)