by Dave Skinner - £9.99 Atlantic Books (2020)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781838952099 | ISBN 10: 1838952098
Christmas is an ethical and political minefield. Luckily, this survival guide contains valuable advice on how to navigate the hazards of the holiday season.
Learn how to...
* launch a scathing dinner table takedown on your woefully unwoke relatives
* craft your own sustainable decorations that bring festive cheer without compromising the 2050 Paris Agreement
* splurge on Black Friday without propping up the neoliberal capitalist agenda
* build a body-positive snowperson that isn't a straight white male for once
* skilfully avoid eating meat or dairy without it becoming a whole thing you have to justify for an hour.
Whether it's a stocking filler for a left-leaning loved one, or a Secret Santa gift for a painfully earnest colleague, A Snowflake's Guide to Christmas is the perfect gift for anyone with a bleeding heart (and a sense of humour) this holiday season.
(Price & availability last checked: November 2020)
Featured book: Recommended Non-Fiction titles for Yuletide 2020!,
In booklists: Political Humour & Satire, Humorous Books, Festivals and Celebrations: Christmas / Yuletide, In categories: Politics & Philosophy, Humour, Gifts & Seasonal, Spirituality,