by Laurence McJannet - £16.99 Wild Things Publishing Ltd (2016)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781910636084 | ISBN 10: 1910636088
Bikepacking takes you on an off-road adventure, cycling and wild camping some of Britain's most beautiful hidden trails and ancient trackways.
Laurence McJannet sets off to find the 30 finest multi-day rides our island has to offer. From easy city-escapes with the family to epic trails in the Scottish Highlands, this ultimate adventure guide is filled with inspiring stories and packed with tips on kit, planning, camping and route-finding. All routes can be reached by train and are accompanied by downloadable maps and GPX files.
In this ultimate guide to bikepacking the most beautiful trails of britain you will find the very best:
* Epic wilderness rides - With careful planning, and basic gear, you'll be surprised how far into the wild a mountain bike can take you and the distance you can cover
* Family rides - Careful selection of trail and ride length means children can have an absolute blast, and they'll be planning their next adventure before you have even finished
* Technical trails - Testing your nerves and handling skills: these trails beg to be tackled at full speed and provide an exciting challenge on the longer rides
* Coastal trails - There's nothing like the ocean and a beach to transform your journey and to provide a wonderful place to camp and build your fire
* Hills and mountains - Although it's tempting to steer a laden bike away from the steeper slopes, it's here you will find the most memorable experiences, the greatest descents and the headiest views
* Winter rides - Don't pack up your bikes for the winter; with some sensible additions to your kit bag there's every reason to carry on bikepacking right through the year
(Price & availability last checked: June 2016)
In booklists: Travel Writing & Guides - Ireland, Wales, Scotland & England, Cycling and Bikes, In categories: Ireland, Scotland & Wales, Health & Wellbeing, Environment & Animal Rights,