by Terena Plowright - £12.95 Green Books (2007)
paperback ISBN 13: 9781903998908 | ISBN 10: 1903998905
Would you like to:
* learn how to install a solar panel on your roof?
* take your children to a wildlife workshop?
* learn how to keep bees, or make cider?
* see wind and hydro power in action?
* learn how to safeguard seed varieties for the future?
* try building with cob or straw bales?
Eco-Centres and Courses gives over 150 places which offer fun days out and/or practical courses on a wide variety of subjects. The book includes eco-centres both big and small, such as Hebden Bridge Alternative Technology Centre, the Dorset Centre for Rural Skills, the Centre for Wildlife Gardening in London and the Environment Centre in Swansea.
At these centres you can meet and talk to people working on the development of sustainable lifestyles, gain hands-on experience and learn practical skills, and see eco-technologies in action - from compost toilets to solar heating.
(Price & availability last checked: August 2018)