This book appears in the following booklists
in categories:Environment & Animal Rights,
(Availability of '24-48 hours' means our wholesaler has stock - we place orders 2-3 times a week & receive the books next day.)
(Availability of '7-10 days' or 'Special Order' means we order direct from the publisher - order times vary, many supply within 10 days.)
Phone us: 0151 708 7270
The Hot Topic: How to Tackle Global Warming and Still Keep the Lights on
Gabrielle Walker and Sir David King
"A model of clarity, comprehensiveness and, above all, sanity. It truly does find a middle ground in the climate debate - and in the process, probably counts as the single most important book on the subject."We all know that global warming is a problem, but the blizzard of information and misinformation on the subject makes it hard to know what to do. The Hot Topic is the first book to set out the problems and the solutions in a straightforward way – no hidden agenda, no breast-beating, no hair shirts.
* Science – how the climate is already changing and what the future is likely to bring
* Adaptation – preparing for the changes we can’t stop
* Technological solutions – new, clean ways to live, travel and keep the lights on
* Political solutions – the inside track on what it will take to bring the whole world to the same negotiating table, and how to deal with the ‘problem’ countries – China, India, Russia and the US
* Personal and local solutions – what you can do and why it will make a difference
"The Hot Topic has an authoritative clarity that scythes through the junk science and brushes aside the brigades of doom-mongers and overly earnest environmentalists... The search for a climate-change equivalent of Silent Spring is over."
"Crucially, this book is not authorised by eco-warriors, but by pragmatists, who care about understanding the science, examining the problems, and looking for technologgical and political solutions."
ISBN 13: 9780747596301 | ISBN 10: 0747596301
For mail-order we charge postage at actual cost, at current Royal Mail rates by parcel weight and size
Please note: Neither this website nor our order website can tell you if a book is actually in the shop right now - please contact us to find out.
Prices - we do our best to keep price information up to date, but publishers very occasionally change book prices, so we cannot completely guarantee the prices shown here.
We're always happy to check price & availability for you before you place your order, just ask!