This book appears in the following booklists
in categories:Politics & Philosophy, Society, Welfare, Justice & the State, Peace & Human Rights, Media & Culture, Changing the World,
Censored 2007: The Top 25 Censored Stories
Peter Phillips and Project Censored
£12.99 paperback Seven Stories Press, U.S (2006)
Censored 2007 presents the most censored stories of 2005 and 2006.
Read all about it:
* How the "net neutrality" debate is being ignored by the media
* Halliburton's connection to nuclear technology in Iran,
* The catastrophic increase of dead zones in every ocean,
* The rise of homelessness and hunger in the U.S,
* The high-tech genocide in the Congo,
* How federal whistleblower protection is in jeopardy,
* The U.S's torture of detainees in Afghanistan and Iraq,
* How the Pentagon is exempt from the Freedom of Information Act,
* The World Bank funding of the Israel-Palestine wall,
* How the expanded air war in Iraq is killing more civilians than ever.
These are just a few of the stories that appear in Censored 2007.
This 30th Anniversary edition of Censored features Carl Jensen on the founding of Project Censored, and Thirty Years of Censored News.
* Special chapters on media democracy in action and the corporate media,
* FAIR'S Fear and Favor Report, 2005
* Peter Phillips on the global dominance group,
* James J. Dean on gay and lesbian media visibility,
* Tomoomi Mori on media bias in Japan,
* Edward Herman and David Peterson on the media's portrayal of Milosevic,
* Robert Hackett and William K Carroll on finding the openings for media democracy,
* Peter Phillips, Brian Ruch, Sarah Randale, and Zoe Huffmann on understanding the Associated Press,
* Index on Censorship's annual report.
Censored 2007 also includes Censored Deja Vu, and Junk Food News and News Abuse.
ISBN 13: 9781583227381 | ISBN 10: 1583227385
For mail-order we charge postage at actual cost, at current Royal Mail rates by parcel weight and size
Please note: Neither this website nor our order website can tell you if a book is actually in the shop right now - please contact us to find out.
Prices - we do our best to keep price information up to date, but publishers very occasionally change book prices, so we cannot completely guarantee the prices shown here.
We're always happy to check price & availability for you before you place your order, just ask!